
On Thursday, April 23rd, we went over to the park to try to get a picture of a Dogwood tree along the Middle Prong of the Little River. Sherlene had taken this picture last year, but we are having a problem getting it to print properly, so we thought we would just retake the picture this year and try to be more careful with the exposure. When we got to the place, we found that the Dogwood had only a few sporadic blooms. Were we too early or is this an off year for the tree? I guess we go back in 10 days and find out.
The trip was not a waste. Can any trip to a favorite place be called a waste? While we were there we ran into Al Smith and Janice Henderson aka TnHiker. We visit his website on a regular basis to find out what's blooming in the Park and where to find it. He mentioned that Showy Orchis and Lousewort were in bloom just up the road. I am including a couple of pictures and a special thanks to Al and Janice.

1 comment:
Nice shots of the orchis and lousewort! Jan & I are happy to discover we aren't the only ones driving around the Smokies looking for yet another "perfect" wildflower scene to photograph.
Your gallery is very lovely and professional-looking. I'll revisit again to look for new postings.
Post a Comment